Situated in the QinetiQ Cody Technology Park, FRN1 consists of 3 buildings — the data centre, separate energy centre and office building. The clean separation between data centre, energy centre and offices allows us to focus the design and build of each component of the facility on its central purpose.
The data centre uses a pure free cooling based flooded airflow design which works most efficiently in an optimised space free of other infrastructure, delivering enhanced environmental efficiencies and supporting high density computing to 30kW per rack as standard.
The energy centre houses all of the backup power generation including the UPS and generators in a secure purpose designed facility and our offices also include client useable space such as private offices and conference rooms for meetings.
The Datum facilities are protected by 24/7 manned security, CCTV, intruder detection and alarm and 3 factor Access Control. Fire security is covered by fire extinguishant with double knock detection and VESDA early warning system.
A multi-layered approach to security provides our clients with confidence in Datum’s ability to deliver a robust service. It also has a strong impact on our clients’ commitments to their customers and helps to ensure that our facility will meet and exceed the requirements of Tier 3 and above.
- Highly secure campus location in List X secure park
- Campus security – 24/7 on site security and access procedures
- Facility security – CCTV, multi-level access control, biometrics, intruder detection, alarm systems, key management
- Fire security – fire extinguishant with double knock detection and VESDA early warning system
Datum FRN1, our flagship UK data centre, has capacity for more than 1,000 colocation racks within a high security campus in Farnborough, which is fast developing as a strategic London-edge data centre hub. Close to the M3 with easy access to the M4 and M25, Farnborough has a fast frequent train service to London Waterloo, with a journey time of less than 40 minutes.
- 100% uptime SLA
- Enhanced security and resilience
- Environmental efficiency
- Fast connectivity
- Strategic London-edge location
- Innovative management systems
- UK data centre – efficient by design
Datum’s accreditations include:
- ISO 9001 – which specifies requirements for aquality management system where an organisation needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product that meets customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, and aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- ISO 14001:2015 – which sets out the criteria for an environmental management system and against which a company can be certified. It maps out a framework that a company or organization can follow to set up an effective environmental management system and can be used by any organisation regardless of its activity or sector.
- ISO 27001:2013 – specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an information security management system within the context of the organisation. It also includes requirements for the assessment and treatment of information security risks tailored to the needs of the organisation
- ISO 50001:2011 – specifies requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving an energy management system, whose purpose is to enable an organization to follow a systematic approach in achieving continual improvement of energy performance, including energy efficiency, energy use and consumption. The requirements apply to energy use and consumption, including measurement, documentation and reporting, design and procurement practices for equipment, systems, processes and personnel that contribute to energy performance.
- PSI DSS compliant – is a statement by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council that Datum as a service provider to PCI DSS 2.0 for online payments.
- EU Code of Conduct for Data Centres – Datum has signed up to the EU Code of Conduct for Data Centres which was created in response to the increasing energy consumption in data centres and the need to reduce the related environmental, economic and energy supply security impacts.
- DCA Class 3 Fully Operational Data Centre – The Data Centre Alliance Certification scheme provides an industry led recognition of a data centre’s designed purpose, its operational integrity, energy efficiency practices and site access security. Class 3 Fully Operation identifies high standards of resilience, environmental control and telecommunications.